No-Knob, LLC ("No Knob") wants you to know more about the web technologies we use to run our webshop. These technologies provide as many people with the best purchase experience possible. You can read about this in further detail in this policy document.
Types of Cookie Technologies
Cookies are small data files sent from a server to your web browser. They are stored in your browser's cache and allow a website or a third party to recognize your browser. There are three primary types of cookies:
- Session cookies are specific to a particular visit and carry information as you view different pages, so don't re-enter information every time you change pages or attempt to checkout. Session cookies expire and delete themselves automatically in a short time like after you leave the Website or when you close your web browser.
- Persistent cookies remember certain information about your preferences for viewing the site and allow No Knob to recognize you each time you return. Persistent cookies are stored on your browser cache or mobile device until you delete them, and otherwise typically delete themselves at expiration.
- Third-party cookies are placed by a party other than No Knob and may gather browsing activity across multiple websites and multiple sessions. They are usually a type of persistent cookie and are stored until you delete them or they expire based on the time set in each third-party cookie. Most notably, third-party cookies allow a third-party server to show you items you've shown interest in, either directly or indirectly.
Cookies store data about your use, but they are helpful because they allow us to help No Knob function and customize your experience.
Besides cookies, there are other similar technologies used by No Knob and elsewhere on the web or in mobile ecosystems.
- Web pixels: These are tiny graphics (sometimes called "clear GIFs" or "web beacons") with a unique identifier used to understand browsing activity. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, web beacons are rendered invisibly on web pages when you open a page.
- Social widgets: These are buttons or icons provided by third-party social media providers that allow you to interact with those social media services when you view a web page or a mobile app screen. These social widgets may collect browsing data, which may be received by the third party
- UTM codes: These are strings that can appear in a URL (the "Uniform Resource Locator," which is typically the http or https address entered to go to a web page) when a user moves from one web page or website to another, where the string can represent information about browsing, such as which advertisement, page, or publisher sent the user to the receiving website.
No Knob uses Cookie Technologies to recognize your logged-in state on noknob.com, to understand what purchases members and visitors are interested in, to make No Knob Websites function for you, and to help your browsing experience and use of the Website feel more customized. More generally, No Knob uses Cookie Technologies for the following.
Security and Authentication (Strictly Necessary)
Some cookie and similar technology functions are necessary and vital to ensuring that No Knob works properly for visitors and members, such as maintaining the security, safety, and integrity of the Website, authentication and logging into No Knob (including remembering permissions and consents you have granted), and ensuring the ability to securely complete transactions.
Account and User Preferences
Some technologies are used to remember your account and preferences over time, such as remembering your account or keeping yourself logged in when returning to No Knob, maintaining your choices on No Knob features, and how you want No Knob to appear and customizing content based on how you use No Knob.
Social networks may also work with No Knob or with you for analytics or for marketing, as discussed below. You may manage your privacy preferences for these social networks and their tools and widgets via your account with the social network.
Performance and Analytics
Some technologies help provide performance data on how the Services are functioning to improve No Knob and the Services, including data on-site and app functionality and speed to help us optimize No Knob, how the Services are used to help us improve your experience on No Knob, and detecting and gathering reporting on bugs to help make No Knob work better.
The Website also employs Google Analytics to help understand how No Knob is used by its community. For some of the advertising features listed below, like retargeting, data from Google Analytics may be combined with No Knob, first-party data and third-party cookies (like Google's advertising cookies). To see how to opt-out of Google Analytics Advertising Features, see the Opt-Out section at the bottom of this policy.
You can find more information on how Google Analytics works in this Google guide.
Consent, Contract, and Legitimate Interests in Processing
Certain Cookie Technologies are employed to make the Website function for its intended purpose. By using our Services after having been notified of our use of Cookie Technologies in the ways described in this Policy, and, in applicable jurisdictions, through notice and unambiguous acknowledgement of your consent, you agree to such use.
Opt-in and Opt-out on Browsers
In addition, when you use No Knob via a browser, you can change your web browser's settings to reflect your cookie preferences for cookies directly from the site you are on or for third-party cookies. Each browser is a little different, but usually, these settings are under the "options" or "preferences" menu. The links below provide information about cookie settings for the browsers supported by No Knob:
Opt-out of Third-Party Networks
If you do not wish to have this information used to serve you interest-based advertisements, you may decline to receive interest based ads through if you are in the European Union by clicking here. Please note this does not stop you from being served advertisements. You will continue to receive generic advertisements. If you reject or block all cookies in your browser settings, you cannot take advantage of No Knob Services as some cookies are necessary for the Website to function properly.
Google Analytics Opt-out
For Google Analytics Advertising Features, you can opt-out through Google Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other means (for example, the NAI's consumer opt-out listed above). Google also provides a Google Analytics opt-out plug-in for the web.
If you have questions about Cookie Technologies at No Knob, or to change the way your data is being used, please email No Knob at email@example.com.